Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

London Baby!

Back from London and I must say I had an absolute blast catching up with family and friends. After we went for some tea in this very quirky and cute cafe, we ended up doing a little vintage shopping down around Brick Lane where I ended up buying a lovely black leather skirt. It was the first item I went to try on and it fitted perfectly. I love when that happens. We also had a little stroll around some markets where I picked up a very eye catching ring I just couldn't resist. I was delighted we had time to see a show in the West End. Between reading all about the 1920's trend in Vogue on the plane, reading The Great Gatsby book on the way from the airport and topping it off by going to see the show Chicago, I felt like I'd really immersed myself in one of the spring/summer trends.
Here are some displays in Topshop on Oxford Street that really caught my eye. I took some quick pictures to share with you...

I was very excited to visit Sketch restaurant and former fashion house of Dior. I'd just heard wonderful things about the place so I had to go and see it for myself. There's a big dog on the building outside. If you walk by, you won't miss it. The building and interior is very unique. It's so much more impressive than these pictures portray. If you're ever in London, it's worth a visit. From the lighting, the decorative walls and even the toilets (yes, you did read correctly), the attention to detail and creativity striking. Check it out at http://www.sketch.uk.com/.


We just had to make a toast - to Dior of course!

32 comments:

  1. Great pictures :) Hopefully I will come back to London in march after my exams!
    Oxford Street is such a killer :D

    love,dominique

    www.artichaut.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love, especially the skirt. Following now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Topshop at Oxford. Great pics :)

    http://fashionblends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks amazing - London is so fun! :)

    www.phoandchips.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog, I love your style!

    Looks like you had fun in London, I love the leather skirt!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow London... i wish i can go there, a very nice blog here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! I love London. I am following you, check my blog and if you like it you are welcome to do the same! Kisses <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is gorgeous! I want to go here!


    My Model Life
    www.margauxbrooke.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are amazing, really love that leather skirt!
    km-iamyou.blogspot.com
    x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So jealous that you just came from London. Thanks for sharing these photos. Great post! :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi pretty pictures.
    If you like Chanel, do not miss Chanel SS2012, visit my blog.
    Frances www.theafternoontea.it

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like such a fabulous visit! i love london, i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Delightful photos, the mannequins on the ostriches are brilliant but really loving them all! The art in that restaurant is very cool, I would of had a hard time keeping a conversation, I would of just kept staring at the art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, your right, it was very distracting..and the topic our some conversation ;)

      Delete
  15. Love your amazing ring ! This photos are nice ! Kiss x


    http://mfashionmyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pencil skirt I have seen in this post!
    My today's outfit post has one!
    I'm your new follower!
    Greetings from Spain!
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the leather skirt!!

    I just started my blog. Hope you will follow me at:

    www.a-phrodite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. AW, i totally want to ride a colored ostrich now!!!!! :) i need to follow this crazyness further!! thank you!!

    love K

    ReplyDelete
  19. The photos are really amazing, well done

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the skirt, great pics!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah I just love Brick Lane! I always go there when I'm in London, Shoreditch really is the best. Also, I didn't know about Sketch, definitely going to have to look it up :)

    ninety2wo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, how I love London! I've been quite a few times but still haven't visited Brick Lane. Really should do that.

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great post and the leather skirt is fantastic. Lovely blog, if you want visit my blog and let me know if you want to follow and I will follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing pictures...lovely photography..
    U seem to have captured London with all its glory

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely photos. I would love to go to London.
    Maybe we can follow each other? http://www.fashionmechic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. What amazing photos!! WoW Great job girl :)

    What about follow each other through Google Friend Connect?

    My blog is www.thefabframe.com Visit me!

    xOxO I hope to see U in my Lovely Follower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading. Steph @ Stylefootprints. x